Astegic’s latest project has been to develop the official app of GEOINT 2013 Symposium.
The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to promoting the geospatial intelligence tradecraft and building a stronger GEOINT Community across industry, academia, government, professional organizations and individual stakeholders. The annual GEOINT Symposium, hosted by USGIF, is the nation’s preeminent and largest intelligence event of the year.
The GEOINT 2013 mobile application is a true native application built for the phone and tablet devices across various platforms. It is powered by Astegic and provided by L-3. This exclusive app puts comprehensive GEOINT 2013 Symposium information in the palm of your hand, including a complete show agenda, keynote speaker information, exhibit hall maps and directories, special announcements, symposium news and social media feeds.
The GEOINT app is only a part of Astegic’s latest offering, mConference, which enables conference organizers to mobilize their live events on multiple platforms. Conferences can develop a fully branded application for iOS, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices such as was developed for the GEOINT 2013 Symposium or can opt for a more generic app such as mConference also adaptable to all platforms.
The Mobile Conference App has an array of features to propel any conference into the smartphone age we live in. Some features include:
- Browse up-to-date, interactive schedules of what’s happening.
- Browse up-to-date, interactive details of who is exhibiting.
- Search listings of people attending the conference and connect with them.
- Capture important details of sessions, speakers or general notes.
- Search listings of people, places, and information that you might need.
- Read the latest headlines in a mobile-optimized format with pictures and video.
- Watch the in-app Twitter feed to keep up with what’s happening. Post to Facebook or tweet from within the app.
- Easily navigate the venue and exhibition hall with maps and floor plans
- Have your say by answering survey questions, or telling the directors what you like and dislike.
Learn more about the GEOINT 2013 Symposium App and other Astegic projects at http://bit.ly/1ZdvS1J
UPDATE: GEOINT 2013 has been postponed to Spring 2014. Updates are available on the symposium website.