This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and hands-on Automation Engineer to join our new Automation QA initiatives.
We are looking for someone who is well-versed with QA Automation best-practices. In this role, you are “the champion for software quality”. This individual’s responsibilities include all quality assurance processes associated with new / modified code.
- Implement and develop automated test practices for both web and mobile applications using Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Calabash, Test Complete & Visual Studio’s Coded UI module for both web and mobile applications.
- Strong SQL concepts.
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux environments is a plus.
- Work with the QA Manager, QA Lead and Associate QAs to define process and strategy associated with automation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problem.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining test automation frameworks such as Data-driven or Keyword-driven or Hybrid framework is required.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Sahi/Sahi Pro or Selenium Web driver is required.
- Sound understanding of complex multi-tier system architecture is required.
- Competency in java scripting is required.
- Experience in the use of Page Object Design Patterns is required.
- Previous experience of any test management system, bug/issue tracking system is required.
- Proven understanding of SDLC is required.
- Understanding and application of Agile QA practices is required.
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to write SQL is required.
- Excellent communication skills are essential; fluent, articulate, good use of language to put ideas across in a clear and concise manner is required.
- Exposure to ecommerce domain/ecommerce platform/technology like IBM-WCS, Demandware, Magento, Hybris etc.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and positive attitude, contributing to a highly motivated environment and team.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of exp. is required, 4 to 6 years experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Experience with AWS/Azure environment will be a plus.
- Maintain professional manner and approach at all times.
- Able to work without supervision demonstrating initiative and commitment.
- Ability to work on tight timescales and meet all schedules set by your manager.
- Be a committed team player with flexible approach to working methods.
- Be prepared to work extended hours to meet peak demands.
- Willingness to take on special in assignments outside the mainstream project as required by the business.
- Excellent Communication and written skills.
For 15 years, Astegic has been helping Fortune 500 through startup companies with their Testing & QA needs. With our in-depth experience across a wide range of industries, our clients receive innovative and best-in-class service and solutions. We offer near 24/7 rapid service from both Astegic’s US and India based testing operations.
Focusing on resolving our client’s testing challenges, Astegic specializes in decreasing costs, speeding time-to-market and improving the quality of our client’s applications. Astegic has a dedicated Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE), specializing in providing solutions across Mobile, Cloud, API and Big Data testing.