This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and hands-on Automation Engineer to lead our new Automation QA initiatives.
In this role, you will partner with Delivery team(s) to deliver best quality solutions/services to clients. A key requirement for the role is to establish Astegic as a thought leader in Quality Assurance. A key area is the implementation and maintenance of an automated testing capability that ensures that proper software quality processes are developed and executed.
- Contribute towards defining Test Automation Strategy to implement automation of manual testing tasks across all projects in multiple technologies.
- Ensure that all agreed SLAs are adhered to, taking full responsibility for implementing test automation frameworks within agreed timescales.
- Apply a sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and related technologies (Example:- Sahi Pro, Selenium Web-driver and Automation framework) in development of automated test suites.
- Identify and automate manual test cases wherever necessary.
- Mentor and guide Test Analysts to develop automation testing competency.
- Plan and execute functional and non-functional tests as per the SLA and within agreed time scales.
- Responsible for faster analysis of failed test scripts after test execution, identify the root cause of the failure and raise defects to track them till resolution.
- Provide test automation metrics and other reports to the Agile Team and to the line manager.
- Maintain Test Automation frameworks and Test automation suites.
- Implement and manage continuous automated testing integration using Jenkins.
- Attend daily stand-up sessions and represent QA in release planning, to ensure balanced, low-risk distribution of testing tasks throughout the iteration.
- Identify failures to meet quality standards through testing; assessing issue severity and escalating as appropriate, maintaining ownership of it and follow-up till resolution.
- Develop a sound business understanding ensuring tests are defined and developed, with close alignment to the business use of the system.
- Keep Agile Team members and line manager regularly informed of progress on testing, and of any risk to meeting release timelines or quality standards.
- Quickly become an expert in the System functionality and that of peripheral systems, external systems and interface to related systems.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team, using own experience to contribute towards requirements analysis, development and support processes.
- Assist with system configuration and application support as required.
- Maintain flexible working hours and be prepared to work outside of normal working hours as necessary and without request in order to achieve project deadlines.
- Extend and enhance the System documentation repository, covering new or changed system functionality.
- May be required to perform duties outside the parameters of this job description and the duties may change at any time.
- Strong Technical Hold on any of the language – Java, C, C#, Perl, Python.
- Strong hold on SQL.
- Knowledge of BigData systems like Hadoop is a plus.
- Extensive Experience of implementing and maintaining test automation frameworks such as Data-driven or Keyword-driven or Hybrid framework is required.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Sahi/Sahi Pro or Selenium Web driver is required.
- Sound understanding of complex multi-tier system architecture is required.
- Competency in java Language is required.
- Experience in the use of Page Object Design Patterns is required.
- Previous experience of any test management system, bug/issue tracking system is required.
- Proven understanding of SDLC is required.
- Understanding and application of Agile QA practices is required.
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to write SQL is required.
- Exposure to ecommerce domain/ecommerce platform/technology like IBM-WCS, Demandware, Magento, Hybris etc.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and positive attitude, contributing to a highly motivated environment and team.
- Gathering requirements, testing and deployment within set timelines, managing offshore QA resources for overall project operations for ensuring timely completion.
- Preparing, Designing and Leading Test Strategy and Test Plan for all projects.
- Review activities executed include Requirements Review, Design Review, Test Strategy Review and Test Case Review.
- Validates and enhances the existing QA plan and strategy.
- Acts as subject matter expert for software testing standards, processes, methodology and automation tools (functional/non-functional).
- Understands the product architecture and creates proper test methodology.
- Responsible for Defect logging, tracking through Element tool (Defect Management tool).
- Defines test estimation criteria, Review of test reports, Review of testing artifacts, Test case prioritization.
- Coordinates with development team for resolution of defects.
- Interacting with team members to ensure smooth progress of the project work; ensuring customer delivery and adherence to quality norms throughout the implementation process.
- Participates in candidate interviews and talent management.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of exp. is required, 6 to 8 years experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Experience with AWS/Azure environment will be a plus.
- Maintain professional manner and approach at all times.
- Able to work without supervision demonstrating initiative and commitment.
- Ability to work on tight timescales and meet all schedules set by your manager.
- Be a committed team player with flexible approach to working methods.
- Be prepared to work extended hours to meet peak demands.
- Willingness to take on special I.T. assignments outside the mainstream project as required by the business.
- Excellent Communication and written skills.
Astegic is a US-based Quality Assurance (QA) company with its offshore global delivery center in India. For 15 years, Astegic has been helping Fortune 500 through startup companies with their Testing & QA needs. With our in-depth experience across a wide range of industries, our clients receive innovative and best-in-class service and solutions. We offer near 24/7 rapid service from both & Astegic’s US and India based testing operations.
Focusing on resolving our client’s testing challenges, Astegic specializes in decreasing costs, speeding time-to-market and improving the quality of our client’s applications. Astegic has a dedicated Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE), specializing in providing solutions across Mobile, Cloud and API testing.