This is an exciting opportunity for a Manual QA to join our Test Center of Excellence.
In this role, you will partner with Delivery teams to deliver best quality solution/service to clients and build Astegic’s core offerings for Manual Testing. For this new initiative, we are looking for someone who has deep experience in working on Manual QA. This individual’s responsibilities cover all quality assurance processes associated with new/modified processes and methodology.
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products.
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
- Establish guidelines for Manual QA Process that can be used in project or across organization for all clients.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to develop manual testing competency Plan and execute functional and non-functional tests as per the SLA and within agreed timeframe.
- Develop a sound business understanding ensuring tests are defined and developed, with close alignment to the business use of the system.
- Provide test metrics and other reports to the Agile Team and to the line manager.
- Interact with project managers internal and external (client side) to define requirements for specific projects, manage manual QA team and deliver on time and on budget.
- Assist with system configuration and application support as required.
- Extend and enhance the System documentation repository, covering new or changed system functionality.
- May be required to perform duties outside the parameters of this job description and the duties may change at any time.
- 3-5 years of experience of writing Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Cases, Use Cases from requirement documents and mock-up.
- Should have good h4 understanding of black box/white box testing methodologies.
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC cycles.
- Hands-on experience on Web/Android/iOS Testing (familiarity with Xcode/Eclipse/ADB tools/Sniffer tools like Fiddler, Charles etc.).
- Excellent in Defect reporting.
- Understanding and application of Agile QA practices.
- Knowledge and experience working with RDBMS and SQL queries (hands on experience in writing PL/SQL queries using joins, stored procedures, functions and cursors).
- Excellent communication skills are essential, fluent, articulate, good use of language to put ideas across in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and positive attitude, contributing to a highly motivated environment and team.
- Sound understanding of complex multi-tier system architecture.
- Will be a plus if you are:
- Familiar with Bug Tracking tools: Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Bugzilla.
- Familiar with Project Management tools: Basecamp, Teamwork.
- Familiar with Source Control: Github, CloudForge.
- Automation testing by using tool like Selenium, Appium and Jmeter.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required, 3 to 5 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Ability to work on tight timescales and prepared to work extended hours to meet peak demands.
- Be a committed team player with flexible approach to working methods.
- Excellent Communication and written skills.
- Must be a quick learner and have the ability to easily pick up new technologies.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
For 15 years, Astegic has been helping Fortune 500 through startup companies with their Testing & QA needs. With our in-depth experience across a wide range of industries, our clients receive innovative and best-in-class service and solutions. We offer near 24/7 rapid service from both Astegic’s US and India based testing operations.
Focusing on resolving our client’s testing challenges, Astegic specializes in decreasing costs, speeding time-to-market and improving the quality of our client’s applications. Astegic has a dedicated Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE), specializing in providing solutions across Mobile, Cloud and API testing.