Job Location: Jaipur
We are looking for a QA Engineer to assess software quality through Manual and Automated Testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting software bugs and glitches. You should have a keen eye for details and must be competent in executing test cases. You should also possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills and should be passionate about quality ensuring that our products, applications, and systems work correctly.
- Apply key Manual Testing methods to new and existing enterprise applications in an Agile environment.
- Maintain close working relationships with Development, QA and Operations/Leadership teams to ensure proper deployment of products to production.
- Document the test results.
- Document application defects and log them into the bug tracking tool.
- Participate, contribute, and resolve issues as an active team member.
- Execute Database testing (SQL & Mongo etc.).
- Work with QA Manager, QA Lead, and Associate QAs to define the process and strategy associated with automation.
- Understand and learn new technologies, as required.
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at varied levels.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with the project scope/delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to offer input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Experience of writing test scripts, test cases, use cases from requirement documents and mock-up.
- Should have a good understanding of black-box and white-box testing methodologies
- Experience in Web and mobile app testing (Android and iOS platform)
- Excellence in Defect reporting, familiarity with bug tracking tools like Jira and Bugzilla.
- Understanding and application of Agile QA practices
- Sound knowledge of API services and their testing
- Knowledge and experience of working with RDBMS and SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills are essential – fluent, articulate, good use of language to put ideas across in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work under tight timelines and prepared to work extended hours to meet peak-time demands
- Should be a committed team player with a flexible approach to working methods
- Must be a quick learner with an aptitude to easily pick up new technologies
- Should have an optimistic attitude contributing towards a positive team environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 2-years of experience as a QA.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools: Basecamp, Confluence (Jira)
- Familiarity with Source Control: Github, CloudForge
- Familiarity with Automation testing tools like Selenium, Appium, SOAP UI and Jmeter (not mandatory for this position but will be a big plus)
- Knowledge of Xcode/Eclipse/ADB tools/Sniffer tools like Fiddler, Postman, Charles etc.
Astegic, founded in 2003, is a woman-owned SBA certified 8a firm that has successfully achieved both SEO CMMI ML2 and ISO-9001-2008 certifications. Astegic provides enterprise level technology solutions and integrations, meeting enterprise business challenges with cutting-edge technology, for both government and commercial sectors. Our knowledgeable staff of over 150 software engineers, management consultants, IT specialists, and analysts is armed with the technology and expertise to improve and extend your existing enterprise solutions.