We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Apply key Manual Testing methods to new and existing enterprise applications in an Agile environment.
- Maintain close working relationships with Development, QA and Operations/Leadership teams to ensure proper deployment of products to production.
- Document the test results.
- Document application defects and log them into the bug tracking tool.
- Participate, contribute, and resolve issues as an active team member.
- Execute Database testing (SQL & Mongo etc.).
- Work with QA Manager, QA Lead, and Associate QAs to define the process and strategy associated with automation.
- Understand and learn new technologies, as required.
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at varied levels.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with the project scope/delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to offer input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Good understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Experience of writing test scripts, test cases, use cases from requirement documents and mock-up.
- Should have a good understanding of black-box and white-box testing methodologies
- Experience in Web and mobile app testing (Android and iOS platform)
- Excellence in Defect reporting, familiarity with bug tracking tools like Jira and Bugzilla.
- Understanding and application of Agile QA practices
- Sound knowledge of API services and their testing
- Knowledge and experience of working with RDBMS and SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills are essential – fluent, articulate, good use of language to put ideas across in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work under tight timelines and prepared to work extended hours to meet peak-time demands
- Should be a committed team player with a flexible approach to working methods
- Must be a quick learner with an aptitude to easily pick up new technologies
- Should have an optimistic attitude contributing towards a positive team environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a QA.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools: Basecamp, Confluence (Jira)
- Familiarity with Source Control: Github, CloudForge
- Familiarity with Automation testing tools like Selenium, Appium, SOAP UI and Jmeter (not mandatory for this position but will be a big plus)
- Knowledge of Xcode/Eclipse/ADB tools/Sniffer tools like Fiddler, Postman, Charles etc.
Job Location: Jaipur
Astegic, founded in 2003, is a woman-owned SBA certified 8a firm that has successfully achieved both SEO CMMI ML2 and ISO-9001-2008 certifications. Astegic provides enterprise level technology solutions and integrations, meeting enterprise business challenges with cutting-edge technology, for both government and commercial sectors. Our knowledgeable staff of over 150 software engineers, management consultants, IT specialists, and analysts is armed with the technology and expertise to improve and extend your existing enterprise solutions.