This is a rare opportunity for a QA Manager with a leadership mindset to spearhead our QA Team as part of the TCoE. In this role, you will partner with Delivery team, Heads of Sales and Marketing functions to deliver best quality solution/service to client and build Astegic as a leading Quality House. One key requirement is to establish Astegic as a thought leader in Quality Assurance.
For this new initiative we are looking for someone who can lead a team consisting of Quality Leads, QA Analysts dedicated to Application Development groups and resources. The role is the champion for quality. This individual’s responsibilities include all quality assurance processes associated with new/modified code. A key task is the implementation and maintenance of an automated testing capability that ensures that proper software quality processes are developed and executed.
This is a hands-on position that requires strategic thinking and planning to provide leadership and expertise throughout the entire QA lifecycle, ensuring the success of the team’s manual and automation efforts. The QA Manager will provide regular direction, mentorship, and coaching to QA team members.
- Manage, mentor and grow QA teams across our various QA functions that part of the TCoE.
- Establish of Quality plan for new contracts.
- Undertake critical projects across different domains.
- Manage teams and deliver excellent QA outcomes effectively within Cross Functional teams.
- Assist & guide project teams to define software engineering Process, Metrics & Measurement.
- Identify project risks, and work with various stakeholders to mitigate risks.
- Help project team to analyze project metrics data and ensuing correct improvement actions are taken.
- Conduct Causal Analysis meeting and help project team to identify corrective & preventive actions.
- Guide client with alternative solutions.
- Participate in pre-sales process.
- Analyze Customer Satisfaction Survey reports at business account level.
Periodically analyze defect data at account level at various aspects and preparing action plan.
- Extensive experience in the areas of testing strategy and testing architecture for an independent testing organization.
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills – must be able to consult and impress at the Director and VP level.
- Ability to quickly understand the current state and propose solutions to address business needs at a program level.
- Experience in process consulting within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) – not just in testing but how can testing effectively fit into the overall SDLC.
- Experience in technical consulting with ability to come up with technical solutions for testing problems using best of breed automation tools.
- Ability to conceptualize and drive the implementation of a solution and measure ROI for improvements made.
- Exposure to HP suite of tools for functional testing – Quality Center (QC), Quick Test Pro (QTP), Business Process Testing (BPT).
- Exposure to other automation tools for functional testing – Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber, Jenkins.
- Exposure to tools such as functional modeling tools, CA’s LISA tool for service testing, virtualization solutions for testing, reporting dashboards/tools/solutions.
- Drive communication between the testing, development and product teams to ensure each requirement has adequate test coverage.
- Interacting with team members to ensure smooth progress of the project work; ensuring customer delivery and adherence to quality norms throughout the implementation process.
- Contribute towards defining Test Automation Strategy to implement automation of manual testing tasks across all projects in multiple technologies.
- Ensure that all agreed SLAs are adhered to, taking full responsibility for implementing test automation frameworks within agreed timescales.
- Apply a sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and related technologies (Example:- Sahi Pro, Selenium Web-driver and Automation framework) in development of automated test suites.
- Sound knowledge of various technologies.
- Good knowledge of Automation tools [Selenium Web driver, Coded UI, Appium, Soap UI].
- Experience in performance testing using HP Load Runner, NeoLoad, JMeter, Performance Center.
- Experience in Security testing of Mobile and Web.
- Experience particularly in the software and mobile technologies.
- Excellent understanding of agile requirement management (E.g. Epics, User Stories and task definition).
- Strong Problem Solving Capabilities.
- Participates in candidate interviews and talent management.
- Validates and enhances the existing QA plan and strategy.
- Sound understanding of complex multi-tier system architecture is required.
- Experience in Setting up and managing TCoE is a plus.
- Training teams on new tools and technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Project management tools.
- Experience in leading / managing a team size of 20 or more QA members.
- Strong analytics and reporting skills.
- Monitor project progress and performance and provide frequent project updates to Senior management.
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues.
- Strong positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to accomplish complicated projects.
- Experience managing QA documentation and processes.
- Has Advanced / Expert level of knowledge on testing concepts and frameworks.
- Mentoring and guiding large highly competent team members
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience.
- Candidate should be ISTQB certified.
- Excellent communication: verbal and written skills.
- Skilled at Planning & conducting QA audit for projects and ensure timely closure of the findings.
- Expert in Conducting training on Process & Quality for project team members to enhance their knowledge.
- Ability for creative thinking and problem solving.
- Critical thinking in requirement analysis and solution development.
- Conflict resolution skills.
For 15 years, Astegic has been helping Fortune 500 through startup companies with their Testing & QA needs. With our in-depth experience across a wide range of industries, our clients receive innovative and best-in-class service and solutions. We offer near 24/7 rapid service from both Astegic’s US and India based testing operations.
Focusing on resolving our client’s testing challenges, Astegic specializes in decreasing costs, speeding time-to-market and improving the quality of our client’s applications. Astegic has a dedicated Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE), specializing in providing solutions across Mobile, Cloud and API testing.