We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Execute a full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Core Java – High proficiency
- J2EE – High proficiency
- JDBC – High proficiency
- Experience in developing REST web services
- LDAP, SSO (CAS, SAML etc.) Authentication: Not necessary but good to have.
- Web services – Medium Proficiency.
- Tools: LDAP, SoapUI
- Server: Tomcat, WebLogic
- Environment: UNIX () – Medium Proficiency
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience in designing interactive applications
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing Web Applications using at least one popular Web Framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Superior understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting knowledge
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related fields.
- Three to Five years of Software Engineering or Software Development experience, preferably in a related field.
Job Location: Hyderabad
Astegic, founded in 2003, is a woman-owned SBA certified 8a firm that has successfully achieved both SEO CMMI ML2 and ISO-9001-2008 certifications. Astegic provides enterprise level technology solutions and integrations, meeting enterprise business challenges with cutting-edge technology, for both government and commercial sectors. Our knowledgeable staff of over 150 software engineers, management consultants, IT specialists, and analysts is armed with the technology and expertise to improve and extend your existing enterprise solutions.